ANA 2022 Elections- Call for Nominations
Call for Nominations
Nomination Period: December 7, 2021 – January 17, 2022
On December 7, 2021, the ANA Nominations and Elections Committee has issued a Call for Nominations for a slate of candidates to be presented to the Membership Assembly in 2022. The following positions are open for election in 2022:
ANA Board of Directors
The term of service for both officer positions is January 1, 2023– December 31, 2024.
• Director-at-Large Positions
ANA Nominations and Elections Committee
• Three (3) Member Positions
The term of service for all three (3) Nominations and Elections Committee positions is January 1, 2023 – December 31, 2024.
ANA places high priority on diversity and seeks to encourage and foster increased involvement of underrepresented groups and staff nurses at the national level.
Nominations must be submitted via the online nomination form by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on Monday, January 17, 2022. A second Call for Nominations will be conducted for those elective positions with insufficient nominations.
Preparation of Nomination Materials
1. READ the roles and responsibilities for your position of choice to ensure that they match
your interests, experience, and qualifications.
2. IDENTIFY the degree to which you possess the competencies that have been deemed important to
serve successfully and effectively each position.
3. SELECT a Campaign Manager, if you wish, and provide their contact information where requested
on the online nomination form.
4. COMPLETE AND SIGN/INITIAL where noted. Nominees for the ANA Board of Directors must also
submit the following additional documents, which are included on the online nomination form.
o Conflict of Interest Statement
o Financial Interest Disclosure Form
5. SUBMIT all nomination components by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on Monday, January 17, 2022.
o You will need to create a user id and password before accessing the form.
o Nominations that are incomplete, handwritten, faxed, or submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
If you have any questions regarding ANA’s nomination process or national elections, please email email@example.com.
Below is ANA-NY’s policies in ANA Nominations Process:
Policy 4.1 Role of ANA-NY in ANA Nominations Process
ANA will email a call for nominations to all of its members. This call would be for election to ANA positions or for appointment to committees and task forces. When this call is sent out from ANA, then ANA-NY will send an email to all its members encouraging them to consider submitting their names. This email will also request that they contact ANA-NY for assistance and to inform the Board of their submission for nomination.
The Board can also reach out to members of ANA-NY to encourage them to submit their names. Encouragement of members to apply must also take into account:
- Membership in ANA-NY is required.
- The board of directors will give special consideration to:
o special knowledge and expertise
o attention to diversity
o inclusion of nurses from all settings
Adopted: November 17, 2017
Policy 4.1.1 Assistance to Candidates
Upon notification that an ANA-NY member has been nominated for an ANA elected office, ANA-NY will:
- Verify that the individual is a member of ANA-NY.
- Send a congratulatory letter to the ANA-NY member, include guidelines for a successful campaign, and offer to assist with their campaign. If the member accepts the offer for assistance, ANA-NY will provide the candidate with the names of ANA-NY representatives to ANA Membership Assembly to contact for campaign assistance.
Adopted: November 17, 2017