Call for Candidates - 2019 American Nurses Advocacy Institute (ANAI)
11th annual American Nurses Advocacy Institute (ANAI)
This year-long mentoring program kicks off with face-to-face sessions
Sunday, September 22nd through Tuesday, September 24th in Washington, DC.
C/SNA leadership chooses who will participate.
Qualifications / Responsibilities: Class size is limited to 24. Considerations are the individual……
- Is a member in good standing with the state nurses association (C/SNA) and the American Nurses Association (ANA)
- Has been actively engaged with the C/SNA and /or ANA for at least one year, preferably related to policy and/or grassroots activity.
- Has demonstrated leadership identified by an employer (reference) or C/SNA.
- Will commit to full participation in:
- All face-to-face- sessions while in Washington, DC.
- Discussion Calls (1 hour) held every other month
- Execution of a policy action plan or series of activities as agreed to with C/SNA leadership
- Provision of updates to C/SNA Board of Directors as requested
- Education of C/SNA members related to policy activities such as: contribute to column(s) in C/SNA - ANA newsletters; present at annual C/SNA convention; participate in C/SNA lobby day and / or serve as the C/SNA “go to” contact for legislators within their district.
Click here to fill out and submit an application form.