ANA-NY Call for Nominations for the 2019 ANA-NY Awards - Deadline Extended May 15, 2019
Dear ANA-NY Members,
Honor your colleagues. ANA-NY members are doing great work, please take the time to recongize them and submit those nominations!
ANA-NY is excited to announce the Call for Nominations for the 2019 ANA-NY Awards.
The four award categories for 2019 are:
ANA-NY Hall of Fame:
The ANA-NY Hall of Fame Award, a peer nominated award, recognizes a member who has made a sustained contribution to ANA-NY’s mission and to the profession of nursing in New York State in the area(s) of nursing practice, education, and/or research. This person may also be eligible as a nominee for the ANA Hall of Fame Award.
- Consistent, outstanding record of leadership that has directly affected the health and/or well-being of those dwelling in New York State through sustained, life-long contributions to the profession of nursing
- Recognized and respected leader in nursing and healthcare
- Impact of the contribution to the nursing profession must be at the state level at minimum and may be at the national or global level as well
- Achievements must have an enduring value to the profession of nursing and/or the health and welfare of the citizens of New York State
The ANA-NY Nursing Education Award recognizes a nurse educator who has significantly influenced nursing education as demonstrated by: (a) developing and implementing innovative and evidence-based teaching and learning strategies that meet the needs of a diverse group of learners, (b) active involvement in curriculum design and implementation that meets essential learning outcomes, and (c) evidence of scholarship in the area of nursing education.
- At least five (5) years of full-time experience as a nurse educator in an academic setting
- At least a Master’s degree in nursing
- Demonstrated evidence of significant contributions to nursing education in areas that relate to innovations in teaching and learning, faculty development, and curriculum design and implementation
- Acted as a mentor and role model for junior faculty in evidence-based teaching/learning approaches; and/or as a mentor to students, assisting them in navigating the first stages of their nursing career
The ANA-NY Nursing Practice Award recognizes and celebrates excellence in the provision of direct care to patients, families, communities, and/or populations by a nurse at any level of practice (registered professional nurse, advanced practice nurse, or nurse administrator). The recipient of this award exemplifies a high level of compassion and expertise in the provision of such health care.
- At least five (5) years of full-time experience as a nurse clinician
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Demonstrated evidence of significant contribution to improved quality of patient care
- Demonstrated evidence of recognition for excellence in practice
- Modeled a holistic approach for care of both family and patient, cultural sensitivity, and excellent patient/family education
The ANA-NY Scholarship Award recognizes a nurse who has made significant contributions in the scholarship of discovery, integration, teaching, and/or application (Boyer, 1996). The scholarship developed in any of these domains has to have been subjected to peer review and disseminated beyond the local and state level.
- Publication of at least ten (10) peer reviewed articles/chapters over the last five (5) years in a specific area of expertise, with at least one (1) of the following:
- Recognized impact of scholarship on an area of nursing practice, education, administration, and/or policy (e.g., change in health and/or professional policies; influence in redesign of academic curriculum)
- Requested as keynote speaker related to expertise
- Publication of an award-winning book
- Demonstrated mentorship of a novice in nominee’s area of expertise
Award Application materials:
- Written narrative nomination by nominator(s) (or self*) that addresses how the nominee meets the criteria for the award; not to exceed 500 words or two double spaced typewritten pages
- Two (2) letters of support from different professional colleagues (must be submitted by nominator)
- CV of nominee
- Three (3) documents supporting the contributions of the nominee based on the criteria for the award
- Nominee’s statement (if not self-nominated) of major contribution addressing the criteria for the award
*Potential candidates for the Hall of Fame Award may not self-nominate.
To nominate someone for an ANA-NY award please complete the online form at: https://form.jotform.com/90694136595165 by May 15, 2019.